Skip to main content

Ride 14 - A Wet One

Ride 14 - 20 May 2019
Distance 15.5 miles (Distance to date 227.6 miles)
Time 1:55 (Time to date 28:00)

Weather for ducks.  I had permission and time to get this ride done on Victoria Day, but it was raining.  Rather than lose a cycling window, I got the job done, but got very, very wet for my efforts!



Starting in the downtown area is always nice, as there are plenty of bikes in the vicinity.  Today's bike was the best I've had, there was nothing wrong with it!!

Plotting a path around James Bay was frustrating, I don't think I was very efficient!

Eyes on a Tree

Obligatory Shot


Points of Interest.....

Parliament Building (48.420003, -123.37113)

OK, so a pretty big hitter on the tourist itinerary (my plan was to find the hidden gems of Victoria!), but this building is a beaut and can't be missed.  
SQUARK!




Fairy Village (48.415978, -123.381661)

Randomly found this fair village in James Bay.  The 'village' is spread over about 4 trees in one street.  If you like fairies, it's well worth a look!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many roads are there in Victoria?

So, before getting started, I'm going to make a guess of what I've taken on. The challenge is to cover every road in Victoria, I've taken 'Victoria' to mean Victoria and the surrounding areas / districts. So the municipality 'City of Victoria' has a total of 258km . Unfortunately, I've made my life difficult and included Esquimalt, Oak Bay and some of Saanich! Just a finger in the air here, but it looks like Victoria covers 1/4 of my area, so I'm looking at just over 1,000km.  On one of these: Jeepers

Biggest News in Saanich Right Now?

So I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame.  Man, it was quick. I was interviewed by the local paper............. and I was FRONT PAGE news!!!!  That's right, Victoria on a Bike was the biggest news in Saanich .  (We don't need to mention that this week's biggest news in Saanich was 20 people going on a 5km bike ride!*). Front Page The madness didn't stop there.  Next I received a call from CBC Radio and asked to be a guest on the All Points West radio show. This is the only evidence I can offer that I was on the radio! What's next you ask?  Well after all the attention my website had 60 hits (out of a metropolitan population of  >300,000), so I guess nothing is next and things will carry on as normal! * Incase you doubted me

Ride 28 - Foul Bay

Ride 28 - 5 August 2019 Distance 24.1miles (Distance to date  481.6  miles) Time 2hrs 56mins (Time to date 59hrs 48mins) No idea how Foul Bay Rd got it's name ( until now!! ), but it's not foul and there is no Foul Bay in Victoria. Still it makes for a pleasant bit of Urban Onroading! Sometimes timing is everything Points of Interest..... Jumping Dog (48.436641, --23.317773) Just a statue of a jumping dog.  It made me smile! Woof!