Skip to main content

Ride 8 - Build more Universities in Victoria please!

Ride 8 - 19 April 2019
Distance 25.0 miles (Distance to date 144.5 miles)
Time 3:20 (Time to date 17:20)

Things I love:
1. Golf Courses
2. Parks
3. UNIVERSITIES!!!
4. Hospitals
5. Schools

All the things that give maximum area covered / distance cycled!  Maybe one day I'll develop a graph...........




Was out on the same bike as last time, but this time I managed to select gear 1 a few times which saved my legs on the big hills.

Points of Interest.....

Jaws (48.466806, -123.326118)

A shark, coming out of a driveway.  My only guess is it's to scare off raccoons?


Der Dum, Der Dum



Concrete Octopus (48.458887, -123.293993)

This well known kids play thing is at Cadboro-Gyro Park.  Looks friendly enough, but it's made of concrete!!  What savage makes a kids slide out of concrete!? 


Cycling shorts came in handy!

Cadboro Bay Beach Access (48.455977, -123.299193)


Cadboro Bay Beach is lovely, but there always 'people'.  If like me you don't like 'people' on your beach, then head a few hundred metres south and you'll find this much quieter bit of beach.


See, no 'people'


Cigarette Post (48.467263, -123.330145)

Just a post that looks like a cigarette for all you smoking fans.


GOVERNMENT ADVISORY: Smoking Kills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many roads are there in Victoria?

So, before getting started, I'm going to make a guess of what I've taken on. The challenge is to cover every road in Victoria, I've taken 'Victoria' to mean Victoria and the surrounding areas / districts. So the municipality 'City of Victoria' has a total of 258km . Unfortunately, I've made my life difficult and included Esquimalt, Oak Bay and some of Saanich! Just a finger in the air here, but it looks like Victoria covers 1/4 of my area, so I'm looking at just over 1,000km.  On one of these: Jeepers

Biggest News in Saanich Right Now?

So I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame.  Man, it was quick. I was interviewed by the local paper............. and I was FRONT PAGE news!!!!  That's right, Victoria on a Bike was the biggest news in Saanich .  (We don't need to mention that this week's biggest news in Saanich was 20 people going on a 5km bike ride!*). Front Page The madness didn't stop there.  Next I received a call from CBC Radio and asked to be a guest on the All Points West radio show. This is the only evidence I can offer that I was on the radio! What's next you ask?  Well after all the attention my website had 60 hits (out of a metropolitan population of  >300,000), so I guess nothing is next and things will carry on as normal! * Incase you doubted me

Ride 28 - Foul Bay

Ride 28 - 5 August 2019 Distance 24.1miles (Distance to date  481.6  miles) Time 2hrs 56mins (Time to date 59hrs 48mins) No idea how Foul Bay Rd got it's name ( until now!! ), but it's not foul and there is no Foul Bay in Victoria. Still it makes for a pleasant bit of Urban Onroading! Sometimes timing is everything Points of Interest..... Jumping Dog (48.436641, --23.317773) Just a statue of a jumping dog.  It made me smile! Woof!