Skip to main content

Ride 21 - Commuting to the Start

Ride 21 - 4 July 2019
Distance 29.9 miles (Distance to date 341.0 miles)
Time 3hrs 47mins (Time to date 42hrs 11mins)

As you can see, this ride had quite a commute to the start line!



Took a day off work today.  Spent the morning catching up on some stuff and had the whole afternoon to go out exploring.  It was quite distressing to waste 30mins trying to find my phone holder and then another 10mins fashioning one from electrical tape!

Richard Boxhall BEng (Hons) MSc MIMechE CEng


Not much to report on this ride, it was a grind!  Did see a romp of baby Otters in the river, but I didn't get a picture, such is life.

Get this gnome a Chiropractor, stat


This guy is a genius.......for one month of the year


Points of Interest.....

No points of interest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How many roads are there in Victoria?

So, before getting started, I'm going to make a guess of what I've taken on. The challenge is to cover every road in Victoria, I've taken 'Victoria' to mean Victoria and the surrounding areas / districts. So the municipality 'City of Victoria' has a total of 258km . Unfortunately, I've made my life difficult and included Esquimalt, Oak Bay and some of Saanich! Just a finger in the air here, but it looks like Victoria covers 1/4 of my area, so I'm looking at just over 1,000km.  On one of these: Jeepers

Biggest News in Saanich Right Now?

So I think I've had my 15 minutes of fame.  Man, it was quick. I was interviewed by the local paper............. and I was FRONT PAGE news!!!!  That's right, Victoria on a Bike was the biggest news in Saanich .  (We don't need to mention that this week's biggest news in Saanich was 20 people going on a 5km bike ride!*). Front Page The madness didn't stop there.  Next I received a call from CBC Radio and asked to be a guest on the All Points West radio show. This is the only evidence I can offer that I was on the radio! What's next you ask?  Well after all the attention my website had 60 hits (out of a metropolitan population of  >300,000), so I guess nothing is next and things will carry on as normal! * Incase you doubted me

Ride 28 - Foul Bay

Ride 28 - 5 August 2019 Distance 24.1miles (Distance to date  481.6  miles) Time 2hrs 56mins (Time to date 59hrs 48mins) No idea how Foul Bay Rd got it's name ( until now!! ), but it's not foul and there is no Foul Bay in Victoria. Still it makes for a pleasant bit of Urban Onroading! Sometimes timing is everything Points of Interest..... Jumping Dog (48.436641, --23.317773) Just a statue of a jumping dog.  It made me smile! Woof!